Tuesday, March 31, 2009

And so the journey begins ...

Growing up I always thought I was fat. I was wrong. But since I hit mid-30's, things have gone from "bad" to worse. I could be in worse shape. A lot worse. But I digress. Over the past several years, I have "tried" to follow the "Body for Life" program initially started by Bill Phillips. He's a pretty amazing man. And the things people have done who actually stuck with it are pretty incredible. So I finally decided that, at 44, it was time to do something about my weight, and more importantly, my health. I guess this is my journey. I'd love to hear from from "BFLers" to hear your stories. I'm on day 9. I get up at 4:30 a.m. to do my workouts and I don't even think about it any more. I guess when the motivation is strong enough, you're willing to do whatever it takes. So I'll keep you all up to date, talking not just about my journey, but sharing what I've learned and hopefully connecting with people who have or are going through similar stuff. We might even discuss healthy choices and nutrition. I am no expert by any means. It's just a passion. Wishing you all good health and a fabulous life... Sandy

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you get up at 4:30 a.m. to work out???

    I am in awe. Seriously. I try and get a walk in after I drop the wee man at school in the a.m. and then, if I have some alone time, I get on the elliptical as well.

    I have been seeing a naturopath since Nov. Have gone from 270ish I think to 257.

    Grew up with crappy eating habits - and thought I was fat as a teen and adult (though I was not) and then eventually BECAME fat after all.

    So I am going to be watching this blog of yours, my dear!

    BTW - what time do you make yourself go to bed to get up that early?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey S.C., thanks for your comments. Answer to your question ... I usually go to bed by 10. I'm lucky enough to be able to go all day on 6 1/2 hours sleep. I follow the Body for Life program which is FABULOUS! When I first found out about the program, I'd read that people were getting up at 4:30 a.m. to work out because they didn't have any other time in their day that they could devote 20-45 minutes (depending on whether cardio or weights), I thought they were OUT OF THEIR MINDS! Then I became one. Go figure. The workouts give you so much energy! Of course the espresso after breakfast and the coffee mid-late afternoon help too.... But anything you can do is better than nothing. And congrats BTW on your progress. Naturopaths are great. We're really looking forward to spending time with you and T. on Saturday. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are really looking forward to Saturday too!!!

    I am a bit of a night owl (can you tell?) and I am more likely to crawl into bed to GO to sleep close to 4:30 a.m. ;>

    I do not think I am familiar with "Body for Life" - I may have to google it :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just posted a link ... it's www.bodyforlife.com. Go figure...
    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete