Sunday, September 27, 2009

now the second half

I was reading my goals this morning and my initial reaction was to get a little down on myself. Then I started to compromise. It's kinda went like ... well, if I shoot for 15 pounds and I only lose 10, that's not bad .... then I decided I was NOT going to take that attitude. I still have 6 weeks left and I'm more determined than ever to get the fat off, build and define more muscle and most importantly, to be healthier.

I've been slacking in the nutrition area. Workouts ... no problem. Drinking lots of water ... no problem. Reviewing goals ... every day. Nutrition and restricting caffeine ... bit of a problem. It's mostly that I just get lazy. Or if sticking to the plan leaves me weak and hungry, I add a little. Generally it's just been more fruit or veggies which isn't too bad. But then it's bread. And ... and ... and. But that's what I have Saturday for... and boy it I take advantage of it this Saturday.

Sometimes I feel like I take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Most of the time I'm encouraged. But I admit I'm afraid of taking my measurements again. I know I need to. I just don't want to. But maybe it's the smack upside the head (so to speak) that I need. But I'm already more focussed. I don't want all this hard work to be for nothing.

This isn't easy. Sometimes I get discouraged. Everyone does I think at some point in their quest for anything great. But anyone can do it. Anyone can get rid of the fat. Be healthy. Be strong. Be able to walk straighter, faster, with your head held high. and be proud of what you've accomplished. Not just weight loss. That's only one little thing (although it affects the rest of your life) that can make you proud of yourself. Not proud in a negative way (too full of yourself) but it's ok to be proud of one's accomplishments.

Speaking of accomplishments, Barry entered another model building contest. He entered an old Harley military motorcycle. And, big surprise, he won first place in his category and won a craftsman award for best paint. I am very proud of my hubby....

Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. "Be strong, walk with your head held high and be proud of what you've accomplished." Indeed.

    You've come a long way, it doesn't always feel like it but you KNOW it's true. I do too. :)

    Thanks honey for the kudos and your support, as always.

    B
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete