Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Looking forward to an amazing 2010



So rather than making new year's resolutions, which are inevitably broken anyway, I have goals for 2010.  2008 was a horrendous year, 2009 has been a really good year, and it just keeps picking up steam.  I am determined and convinced that 2010 is going to be a phenomenal year!

What do I want to accomplish?
  • continue to lose fat, build muscle and increase fitness
  • refine my personal style
  • become more disciplined about staying away from the tv and spend more time upstairs
  • make love more often (life keeps getting in the way)
  • get an amazing tan
  • refine my gardens
  • deal with my mom's death
  • continue to inspire and uplift people
  • treat myself to mani-pedis
  • get/keep control of the paper in this house ... discipline is needed (notice a trend?)
  • finish the renovations!  that kinda involved hubby
  • become better at my job and get the recognition I deserve - advance to intermediate level
  • stay healthy!
I could go on ... but I think this is manageable.

I have a kitty that needs some attention ... he misses his mommy.

So my question to you - what do you want to accomplish in 2010 ... you know, the things you will actually make an effort to do ... not just a wish list.  We don't accomplish nearly as much when we don't plan as when we do.

Have a great evening all!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome list Sandy and very doable.

    Honestly, I'm a person who do not do New Year's resolutions. Maybe I took it from my dad who taught me to just live each day as if it's my last. And I guess I'm also this type of person who believes in destiny and that my life is already crafted and I just have to live it to the best of my ability. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, makes me realize I haven't thought of any goals for the new year. To write consistently and better keep in touch with friends and family would be a good start.

    Hey, if you're going to make love more often can I be there when it happens? Or at least watch? :P

    Love ya.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great goals for the new year. I am excited for you because I just know you are going to accomplish them ALL. :) Happy Year Year, Sandy!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you did the goals instead of resolutions. I did something similar. I tried a small list so it would be easier to do. People underestimate the power of the mani-pedi!! I give you so much credit. GO for it. Go for it all! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't normally make resolutions either but this year I really feel the need. Mid-life crisis, perhaps?
    In reading yours, I was going to leave a cheeky comment asking what 'spend more time upstairs' means, then I read your next goal and didn't need to! I'm not sure I'll be typing that on my blog but I feel the same way - what is this thing called life which comes between me and the guy I adore?
    I love that you have 'treat myself' on there too, that's a great thing to include.
    Have a wonderful (quiet!) evening and all the best for Jan 1st and beyond.

    ReplyDelete