Friday, January 22, 2010

I don't get people sometimes ....

I went into our local drugstore this morning to pick up a couple of things.  There was a notice on the door and at the cash register that Interac (direct deposit from your bank account for those who may not have such a thing where you live ... I don't know how widespread it is around the world) and the credit card system was down and OMG you have to use cash.  And there's a bank machine right inside the drugstore.

When I went to pay for my purchases (with cash 'cause I actually paid attention), the cashier told me that people have been yelling at the cashiers and throwing things back at them across the counter.  OMG people, grow up.  One of the girls, quite young and shy, is actually on stress leave it's so bad.  Apparently this has been going on for about a week I think.  They're working diligently on it but it's the phone line that's the problem.  Not the cashier.

People never cease to amaze me how important they think they are.  Yes, we're all important human beings and everyone's busy but OMG, read the sign BEFORE you enter the store.  It's a big sign on the front door.  Kinda hard to miss it unless you've got your head up your butt. 

Can you tell this irks me?  I was a receptionist then secretary for 20 years so I know what it's like to get the brunt of people's anger when it has absolutely nothing to do with me.  And you know that, and you try to not let it get to you but sometimes it's hard.... YEESH!

But on a MUCH more positive note, I walked home from said drugstore, the sun was shining, the temperature was about freezing (celcius), a light breeze from the east and I was in HEAVEN!  It was like an early spring day.  When I got home (Barry was at work), I toured my gardens and realized that I have a LOT of work to do come March.  I'm really bad at tidying things up in the fall.  I hate the fall.  I just wish it didn't exist, although I'd take fall in a heartbeat over winter.  Although we have had probably the BEST winter (weather wise) that I can remember.  There was one year a few years ago that was really good but I think we've only had a total of about 2 or 3 inches all winter.  Last year we'd get that in FEET in a week or less.  it seemed like we were shovelling EVERY night.  I just hope that this summer is hot, fairly dry (too dry isn't good either) and not too humid (yeah, right ... we're talking about the Toronto area).  I even spent 10 minutes sitting on my deck, basking in the sunshine ... called Barry to share my experiences.  Oh yeah, the stitches came out fine and I was able to walk home but I've spent a good portion of the day with my leg up ... he injected a few veins with some solution to try to help them.




All in all it was a really good day, tomorrow I'm drawing the name for my giveaway winner and will post that by mid-day.  More work around the house for the rest of the weekend ... try to get done what I planned on doing today but couldn't.

Have an awesome weekend but we'll be chatting with you tomorrow.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment