Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy International Women's Day

Oddly enough it was a man at work who told me today was International Women's Day.  So all my girls ... Happy Happy Day!

I've never given much thought to Women's Day .... although perhaps I should.  We need to celebrate our uniqueness and our strength and everthing that makes us special.  But not just once a year; every day.  Women are the glue that binds everything together.    We're the caregivers (big time); the cooks; the cleaners; the laundry person; the taxi (if you have kids although I must admit I have a pretty awesome "chauffeur"); the list goes on and on.

I digress a little ... today was just the most spectacular day, weather wise, that we've had in months and months.  it got up to 14 degrees C (almost 60F); bright sun, not too windy at lunch ... I even made a point of walking down to Harbourfront.  It was a brisk walk, followed by sauntering along the waterfront, then a brisk walk back to work.  Everyone just seemed to be in a good mood, lots of people just sitting, basking in the sunshine.  Of course I can't seem to sit still for that long ... or is that because I needed to get back to work ... hmmm

Ladies ... we need to make sure that we carve a little time for ourselves each and every day.  It might only be 20 minutes.  But I urge you to take the time.  It's totally worth it.  After all, without us, where would the men be?

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Ohh Happy Women's day!! Honestly I didn't even know the day existed!! Awesome!! I agree we all need just a lil time for ourselves each day, even if its just a few minutes! right on sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my theory on Creation...

    First, God created man. He stepped back, took a long hard look and said, "Whew, I know I can do better than that!"

    Then He created woman!

    Check out my new post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to celebrate this day next week...because I am really going to need a day of peace, rest, and luxury. Sigh.

    I hope you had a fantastic Women's Day though! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoooooooooo hooooooooooooo estrogen! driving men crazy one late-night ice cream craving at a time. and you're right! behind every great man is a great woman telling him what to do...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet!
    I love that quote "Behind every great man is a great woman"

    ReplyDelete