This has been a crazy, crazy year. I've decided that a re-birth, so to speak, is in order. I don't think I've ever done this before, but here's a bunch of random things about me that you may or may not know.
(this pic is from my garden ...
2 different flowers on the same plant ..
says so much about me)
- I'm 46 going on about 25. I refuse to acknowledge that I'm less than 4 years from 50. But in reality ... what is any age supposed to act like? I believe it depends on your lifestyle.
- I'm married to an amazing man. He's perfect for me. No perfect ... just perfect for me. I can't think of anyone who would put up with either one of us this long ... 19 years together!
- I'm an avid, avid gardener who thinks nothing of spending 6 or 7 hours out in the garden, weeding, moving plants, watering, etc. I sometimes find it hard to just "sit" and relax and enjoy the gardens unless I have someone else out there with me.
- I love dance. I love to dance. I love to watch dancing. My mother gave me the choice at age 13 ... pursue dance or modelling. Needless to say I chose modelling ... it was "experience". I think the closest thing to a regret that I have in my life is not dancing. C'est la vie!
- I don't believe in regrets. I'm sometimes sad, sometimes wistful about certain things. But I don't believe in regrets. You can't change the past ... only learn from it and get on with life.
- I love my friends and family. I've even been known to totally fall in love with people I've never physically met. **** you know who you are :) *****
- I'm still struggling with my body. I know where I've gone wrong. I know how to fix it. I just have to get my sorry butt out of the bed in the mornings to work out, stay more active during the day, stay off the couch at night ... and watch what I eat. No problem! lol
- I love music. All kinds of music. It all depends on my mood. Sometimes it calms me, sometimes it energizes me, sometimes it just makes me happy....
- I have a very short attention span. Explains so much about me....
- I love fashion and shoes although this summer I have pretty much lived in about 6 outfits and 1 pair of flats. Got a little sloppy. And it shows.... :(
- I love working out, especially resistance training. There's something so gratifying about lifting or pushing more weight than I did the last time. I love being strong enough to open doors without difficulty (this is my pet peeve about some women). I love being pretty self sufficient. Barry loves that I can help him carry 18' lengths of 2x10 pressure treated beams. FYI ... they are bloody heavy!
- Our bedroom and bathroom are in the basement of our house. The dressing room is 10' x 11'. The closets in the upstairs room are tiny. Any wonder why we're downstairs (of a bungalow)?
- I love to make people smile.
- I'm very social and will talk to almost anyone. Gets me in trouble at work. ;)
- I hate confrontation.
- When I'm around a stronger personality ... I withdraw. When I'm around a quieter personality, I become more assertive.
- I love that people feel comfortable enough with me that they feel they can tell me anything and it won't get around.
- I wanted to be an auto mechanic when I was 13. And yet I don't even drive.
- I work in commercial real estate, preparing and reviewing legal documents. I sit in an office all day. But I'd rather be outside. Funny where life takes you sometimes.
- My job is very mentally taxing so I become a couch potato at night to relax. Barry has a more physical job and he relaxes by writing and conversing online.
- I'm finally ready to make some serious changes in my life. Time to take control of my life and not let anyone push me around....
- I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.