Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More than just weight loss

You know, it’s amazing what a difference a healthy lifestyle makes. I follow the Body-for-Life program, designed by Bill Phillips. What an awesome program. Bill always talks about what you gain from the program (health, positive attitude, energy) as opposed to just what you lose (weight, bad attitude). I never really fully understood what he was talking about. I thought it was a “gimmick” but I gotta tell ya, he’s right. When you decide to make a major change in your life for the positive and you live a disciplined (at least most of the time) lifestyle, it’s amazing the difference. The woman I spoke about yesterday (me at 22), she’s coming back, more and more each day. I still have a LONG was to go to get back into the shape I was in then (I didn’t gain it all overnight, and it sure ain’t gonna come off overnight), but I feel amazing! Better weather helps … sunshine always makes me feel better … but this is so much more. It’s such a simple (not necessarily easy) program to follow. I’ve “tried” it many times but never made it my priority. It’s kinda hard to let something other than my workouts get in the way at 4:30 a.m. When I think of how I looked and felt, my attitude, my overall appearance 1 year ago, and I look at myself now … it’s like I’m a different person. Which is good. Really good. I’m likin’ myself again and it shows. I encourage everybody to do SOMETHING … anything, to make yourself feel better. It really is a fabulous time to be alive! Until tomorrow ….

No comments:

Post a Comment