Sunday, April 19, 2009

Week 5, Day 1

Man, did I ever enjoy my Free Day yesterday. Not to say that I pigged out or anything ... just nice not to have to be so disciplined. But today, I was back up and working out at 6:55. I woke up earlier than my alarm clock which was set for 7. Yesterday my alarm was off at 7 a.m. and for some reason I turned it off instead of hitting snooze and the next thing I knew, it was 8:15. Way too late for what I wanted to accomplish yesterday. Anyway, yesterday was 1 year ago that Barry was in his accident. He was alone in the car and when he called me on the train, I just about panicked. Of courrse he downplayed the whole thing .. I guess he didn't want to worry me too much. I was fine until I called our neighbour K. As soon as I got the words "Barry was in an accident" out, I broke down in tears and couldn't get the rest of it out. I managed to tell him that Barry was "ok". He ended up coming by about 30 minutes later to keep me company and kept my mind from going out of control. I'm very grateful that Barry was indeed ok and to K. for keeping me "sane". Which, if you knew K., you'd realize how ironic that statement is. Right Kandi?

Anyway, Barry and I both had a horrendous year last year, between me breaking my ankle and my finger, Barry's accident, his father's heart attack (he's fine now), my mother passing away and a whole host of other problems. I am very happy to report that 2009 has been a MUCH better year. I finally reached the point where I'm following the Body-for-Life program faithfully and I don't even think about it anymore. Which is to say that it's not a conscious choice to eat well, exercise regularly and be a better person. It's just automatic. I feel so much better, my attitude is so different and I've even managed to stop a lot of procrastinating that I used to do. I guess there's hope for me yet. So after a morning cardio workout and stretching and an afternoon of digging and planting in the garden, it was a great day!

Until tomorrow ...

2 comments:

  1. Sandy, thanks for a great yesterday and all our wonderful days together.

    Very proud of you for sticking with your program, you're looking great!

    I love you,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, I am not at that point of inspiration with my health goals YET but I have faith I will get there :>

    ReplyDelete