Tuesday, May 26, 2009

15 more ....

So I had a revelation tonight. Even though I've been really faithful with my workouts (my "trainer" keeps me in line), I've been slacking on the nutrition aspect at night. Eating stuff I shouldn't. I'm back at work and the coffee intake has increased again. Habit. And sitting all day is a challenge. I'm going to have to start doing laps around the office soon. I notice a big difference in my body. Major stiffness when I get up after sitting. But anyway .... back to the nutrition thing. It occurred to me tonight that the reason I'm slacking is because I'm almost done and things have been kinda crazy lately so I'm just going through the motions waiting for my second challenge to start.

That attitude changes as of tomorrow morning (it's 10 PM and I'm on my way to sleep). I will treat every day as the most important day. I remember Bill Phillips writing that what you eat today affects yesterday's workout. It's not all in vain ... it's keeping me on a relatively even keel.. And being on vacation didn't help. And we've been running at night for the past 3 weeks. But those are just excuses. And the excuses stop now.

So tomorrow, I will drink green tea instead of more than 1 coffee (plus the espresso ... can't give that up), and I will eat according to my nutritional plan instead of whatever is quickest/easiest/ whatever.

And I need to start getting to bed earlier. I need to be asleep by 10 at the LATEST. I've been starting to think about getting ready around 10-10:15. Not acceptable.

Wish me luck everybody ... I'm going to need all your positivity and support. Thanks bunches!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck hunny! I'll keep the snacks out of sight! Phew, I'm glad you're not cutting out the espressos in the mornings, they're just too tasty!

    "What you eat today affects yesterday's workout." Hmm, I like that.

    B
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete