Thursday, June 11, 2009

Last cardio day today!

YAY! Only one more day to go! I can't believe the difference in how I feel. So much more confidence in so many areas of my life. There's only one problem. I feel so good, and I'm just bouncing around the office, all smiles and happy and SO many people are just moping around. Good God! They're reasonably healthy, they're employed, the company is strong, it's almost summer, and even though the weather hasn't been amazing at least we're not getting snow instead of flowers. I know economic times are challenging but why let that get you down if there's nothing you can do about it. Same with the weather. It's gonna be what it's gonna be. No sense whining about it. I know, it's easy for me to say these things 'cause quite frankly, my life is fantastic. Are there negative things going on? Sure. Are we in great financial shape ... hell, no! But I'm healthy, and loved and employed and I choose to look in the positive side of life instead of moping around. It's a choice. 2008 was one horrendous year for us. I was like so many other people. One thing after another happened that was really quite crappy. I'm extremely grateful that it finally turned around. But a lot of that was, quite frankly, my Mom dying. The stress of her deteriorating and having to watch her was way more than I realized.

And then I met Ryan, who's a personal trainer. He hooked me up with one of his staff who taught me circuit training. I met with him the day before my Mom's wake. I think I started with the trainer a week later. It was ok for me to put myself first for once and take care of me instead of everybody else. Best $400 I've spent outside of my Bowflex which was a little more than that. But totally worth it!

I try to never forget where I was, physically and emotionally, but I sure don't dwell on it 'cause life is way too short for that nonsense.

So I'll be up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to do my last lower body workout for this challenge. It's gonna be a very active weekend. Then circuits! I can't believe I'm so excited about them but I am. After all, I have a dress I have to look amazing in 4 weeks from tonight.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment