Sunday, September 6, 2009

another good day

had a good workout, ate well all day. went to our neighbour's party ... still didn't eat a lot. Not exactly what's on the plan, but you gotta be able to adapt once in a while.

it's weird, since I've been working out for going on 6 months solid, and eating healthy, etc. I find my tolerance for rich food and alcohol and diminished considerably. and that's ok with me. I'd much rather drink water and not eat junk and workout regularly and not be able to keep up with the partying. I mean, I still love to go to parties and host them but it just means that I adapt ... choose food wisely and have a couple of drinks but moderation is the key. Hey sis ... hear that ... moderation ... can you believe it! It's never been my strong suit.

One of my girls thinks I'm being obssessive about this whole lifestyle thing. She doesn't understand that I have to be just a little obsessive to keep it in the front of my mind so I don't slip back into unhealthy patterns. It's just the way I am. And I'm ok with that. I'll try not to bore people with it. But it's important to me. I'm on a roll and I have to stay on it. I've only come down 2 dress sizes in the past 6 months but I feel better, I have way more energy (normally) and my old patterns didn't work for me. My first 12 weeks was on a stregth training program. After that I started circuit training. But I was only circuit training 3 days per week and eating "healthy" but not to a plan. It only took about 10 days before I felt like I was losing my momentum.

Everybody's different. Some people can use the whole moderation thing. Some peopel are REALLY obssessive. I think I'm somewhere in between.

We went to a our neighbour's birthday party, practiced food and alcohol moderation, drank lots of water and had a good time. I was tired from a day in the garden but I really wanted to go. They've invited us to so many things and have only attended a few and they always come to our parties. That's what friends do.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment