Saturday, September 19, 2009

going sideways

You know, I had my Friday off all figured out. I was going to get up at 4:30, work out, have a shower, make hubby brekkie and latte, he was going to go to work, I was going to clean up in the house then spent 2 or 3 hours watering my gardens. Then Saturday I was going to go to the salon, get my base colour and highlights done and then we were going to have friends over for dinner.

Yeah, right. I got up at 4:30, said to heck with it, I was exhausted and I could always work out once Barry left for work, went back to sleep thinking hubby's alarm was set for 5:30, woke up at 6:15 and found out that hubby was staying home due to a pulled back after an incident at work. Suffice it to say Friday was go, go, go, with one or the both of us having some sort of appointment. It started at 10 a.m. and ended around 8 p.m. Never did get my workout in. I was stressing and then I caught myself and decided enough was enough. In 6 months, I've missed 2 workouts because I was sick or injured. I have never "blown off" a workout. So I just enjoyed the day and Saturday became my work outside day which was better anyways because it's WAY less windy. I think we actually had a touch of frost last night too. You know, the kind that just hits your roof.

Anyway, one of the reasons I decided to give myself a break was good old cortisol. My naturopath figures that's probably why I'm not losing my belly as quickly as I should be given my fat loss in other areas. At this point I'm ready to try almost anything. With the cooler weather, I definitely want to make a point of going for at least a 30 minute walk after work, and probably another 30 minutes most days at lunch, although I don't want to get too sweaty at lunch then have to go back to work in sweaty clothes. This is in addition to my morning workouts. Yes, I'm a woman on a mission.

Oh yeah, tried on a coat that fit well last year ... way big. Tried on a coat I bought probably 5 years ago (man I must be getting old ... I thought it was only a couple of years), fit BEAUTIFULLY! Tried on my mom's old coat. So I'm rather more well endowed than so the coat didn't quite fit past my waist.

But I must tell you all ... I have THE most wonderful hubby I could possibly ask for. I made a BIG brekkie for J and her dad and Barry and I, then they left and Barry and I had latte ('cause it wouldn't be Saturday without latte), then I wanted to get working on the outside so Barry washed and dried all the dishes (and there were lots) and then put the remaining 3 door handles on my office cabinet doors. He did all this while still feeling the effects of the pulled muscle. And he's so supported of my weight loss efforts and puts up with a lot but it means the world to me and I think (or at least I hope) that he knows that.

And he's at it again ... grillin' burgers for dinner so I must run. So to speak ...
Sunday's supposed to be a GORGEOUS day so get outside and enjoy ... go a walk perhaps????

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment