Monday, November 16, 2009

Don't quit ... ever ... and other stuff

So this post actually has 3 parts today 'cause there's too much going on in my head and I gotta get it down and I've been a little delinquent in a thank you.

1.  When pursuing your goals, whether fitness, work related, whatever, don't give up.  Times might get tough but that's when you've got to dig in your heels and just stick with it.  I've been having a little trouble with my nutrition lately.  Since my hysterectomy, of course I don't get my "friend".  The wicked problems I was having have pretty much disappeared.  Only problem is, I still get moderate PMS without the obvious.  Therefore I can't always tell what the problem is.  I get emotional, I get cravings, I eat stupid, I get bloated.  It's only when I'm pretty much near the end of the "cycle" that I finally clue into what's going on.  My nutrition has not been great.  One of the "tools" in Body for Life is crossing off each day ... "\" means I met my workout goal, "/" is nutrition and "-" is the Law of Reciprocation.  I'm missing a lot of /'s in the past 2 weeks.  Which is probably why I'm feeling a little thick through the middle.  Having identified that, as of tomorrow, it's nose to the grindstone, time to get refocused and diligent about the  nutrition.

2.  God help me.  I think I'm reverting back to 20 something.  mid-20 something.  I actually bought a copy of the latest In Style magazine today.  I haven't bought a fashion mag in YEARS!  I almost bought the book the other day.  Santa might bring it.  Hell, he even commented that the Louis Vuitton shoes that I really liked (but were $1,690 US) weren't nearly as nice as others by him for a lot less.  I think something's happening to both of us.  HELP!

3.  I must give a big thanks and shout out to Melanie's Randomness  for the Sugar Doll Award.  Check out her blog ... she's a total doll!  Thanks Melanie for the award ... you are so sweet!


So I guess that's all for today.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love your first point. It's so important not to give up and sometimes I forget that. But it's hard...
    Fashion magazines are FUN. :P What I like about them is I can see the fancy designer clothes/shoes/bags I like and then look for cheaper versions that are much similar. It kind of makes fashion a fun challenge in a way.
    And a big congrats on the award. You totally deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete