Sunday, November 29, 2009

Getting fitter ...

So Saturday was my annual bakefest with my girl Jen.  This was our fourth year of baking together.  We met at work in Dec 05, ended up hanging out together at the Christmas party that year (I had only been with the company for 2 months), discovered we both love to cook and bake and have very similar decorating style.  So we became friends.  The first year was a little tenuous ... but she has matured into a wonderful woman who doesn't realize how amazing she is.  It really is a shame.  Her mom died the same month as my dad ... about 4 years apart.  I guess I'm also kinda the big sister she never had...

So after almost 8 hours on our feet, I did a little stretching for bed, drank lots of water and get plenty of sleep.  This was our longest bakefest by far.  If we had done this 9 months ago, I would have been in some serious pain this morning ... to the tune of break out the hot water bottle and ibuprofen.

But this morning I got up, worked out, made a nice brunch, got the jewellery show read and I felt fine through the whole thing.  I couldn't believe it!  I was so excited!  It's always good to get positive reinforcement ... something concrete ... to remind you how far you've come.  So it was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment