Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Goals give you the ability to be self-directed and in control"


www.publicdomainpictures.net

This is something I am HORRIBLE at. I write them down. I don't always concentrate on achieving them. By writing them down, reading them, visualizing them, and making a real effort to achieve them ... that will lead to success.


My goals, while a little lofty, to be achieved by January 9, 2010 are:


  • lose 15 pounds

  • wear a size 12

  • Lose 3" off my tummy

  • reduce my caffeine intake to espresso only

How's it going so far (did I mention these have been my goals for the past 6 months?):



  • the scale is not my friend ... but muscle weighs a lot more than fat so I the proof is in the pudding (or in this case the pictures) so I'm not sure about this one.

  • still in a 15/16 (was up to 19/20 so I am making progress)

  • from March 22nd to October 17 - lost 1 1/2 inches - halfway there except that my start date for this 3" is Oct. 18th so I still really have 3 inches to go

  • reduce caffeine intake ... yeah, I seem to have a serious addiction. or maybe it's just habit. i'm able to resist on the weekend. the fact that I sit on my rear most of the day ... doesn't help my cause AT ALL.

Anyway, this isn't all about me ... I just want to encourage you to set goals, write them down, focus on them, work towards them ... and you'll be able to achieve anything you put your mind to.


No comments:

Post a Comment