Thursday, November 26, 2009

"The only way to truly fail is to quit trying"

I read that as yesterday's lesson for life and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Of course I could totally relate.  I've been working and working on getting fit and up until recently really didn't feel like I was seeing a lot of results.  I know my pictures showed results but there was over a year in between and I just didn't see enough results.

I'm not sure what happened.  All of a sudden I stopped fretting, stopped obsessing, stuck with one program instead of bouncing around trying different things and all of a sudden I'm seeing results.  Regularly..  People are noticing and commenting.  I'm having to keep updating my wardrobe (I know, quite a hardship) because I keep shrinking out of different pieces.  Of course my tops stay the same.  I wore the outfit below a week ago.  I couldn't believe it.  Must have been the undergarments....


But check the boots.  OMG ... pics don't do them justice AT ALL!  They are the sexiest things I've worn in a long time!


Imagine these boots with this outfit ....



Have I been having with the whole fashion, footwear, hair and makeup?  You be the judge ....

But I digress (shocker).  My point was I stuck it out.  I never gave up even when the scale didn't budge and the measurements were changing a lot.  My legs have slimmed down, muscled up, my arms are thinner and more toned, I'm getting a waist again.  I hadn't had the nerve to wear a belt in so long other than to keep my pants up.

I still have a long, long way to go.  Probably another about 50 pounds of fat.  But I know I'm on the right track so I just keep going for it.  I was starting to feel like I was never going to see my abs again, so I changed up my routine.  And it's working.  I can feel that they're tighter.  And consequently I can keep my tummy tucked in better so the belly isn't quite so noticable.  Of course having a large chest helps too.  Diverts attention.

Most of all, I think it's the confidence I exude most of the time.  I'm looking good and feeling great.  In fact, the leopard pants in the picture above ... I need a belt now.  In just a couple of weeks, they've gotten loose.

I remember many years ago, before I met hubby,  I was late 20's and anxious to meet someone special and say goodbye to the "club scene".  When I stopped caring when I met someone, enter Barry.  And the rest, as they say, is history.

My job ... OMG I was so frustrated.  I went from doing really fairly basic commercial lease documents to really senior level stuff without a lot of teaching in a matter of a month.  I felt like I was drowning.  But between eating healthy, exercising, taking time to learn, I have improved immensely.  My manager used to get really frustrated with me.  She knew I was totally capable ... I just had to learnn it myself.

So never give up.  Whether it's career related, a relationship, fitness, whatever, keep at it.  But if something isn't working, maybe you need a new approach.

You'll find that honouring self promises does wonders for boosting self confidence.

So enjoy life ... 'cause it can be gone in an instant.












3 comments:

  1. You're in a better place now than you have been in a long time. Keep it up, you're doing great!

    Luv,

    B
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never give up. Classic and excellent advice. And so, so true. :)
    I am definitely more motivated in my career than I am in any other aspect of my life. Sometimes I wish I could put all my excitement and energy I have for my career into losing weight and getting in shape. Because I'd have a smokin' body right now if that were the case! Lol.
    Oh, and I am totally lusting after those boots. They are SO FABULOUS!! You rock them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally never give up girl!! I tried so hard to lose weight for months about a year ago and nothing budged I was ready to throw in the towel. But if you keep at it eventually you will see something different. I love those boots!! =)

    ReplyDelete