Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I am truly blessed.

As I'm sitting here, rather sick, I looked back on some of my more recent posts, and the comments that they generated.  And I realized just how blessed I truly am. 

My actual family seems to get smaller all the time.  I'm the youngest in my generation of my family.  Everyone from my parents generation is gone except for a couple of aunts.  And there aren't that many in my generation to begin with.

But I've realized that I seem to have acquired a blogging family who really makes my day.  I love my life ... it's not perfect that I love it.  There really isn't much I'd change other than finances, but otherwise ... I've got a great life.  But to have acquired this new "family", many of whom follow the same blogs, is just so great.   It makes my day to read everyone's posts and your comments.  From our friends outside of the blogging world to our newest friends that we have acquired.  From those who have been with me from the beginning to the ocassional commenter.  Your support is always appreciated.

This journey that I've been on has not been easy.  It took me quite a while to realize that I was worth  it.  And your support helped.  When I've doubted whether I've made much progress or not, you encouraged me and it kept me on the right track.  I realized that by doing this blog and including pictures from time to time, I'm actually making myself very accountable.  How can I stop now?  How could I possibly give up when I know that some of you look to me as proof that it can be done.  If I fail myself, I let you down.  And that's simply not acceptable.

So thank you all ... for your input and encouragement and making me accountable.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

3 comments:

  1. How fabulous to have such a great support mechanism from people you haven't actually met in real life but you feel are so real and so sincere. I have that from you and Barry.

    Merry Christmas and big hugs from the city that never snows. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks S.C. ... I hope the kids have a great Christmas.

    Leah .. it's been a pleasure getting to know you. You've definitely been a great example to me regarding my next post.

    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete