Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pure Joy

One day months and months ago, I was on the GO Train coming home at the end of the day, listening to my music as usual. I noticed a bit of a commotion during one of our stops. I looked outside and on the platform was a well dressed, good looking bald black man, probably in his 30's. That in and of itself is enough to turn my head. The guy was listening to music through good quality headphones (rather than in ear buds) on the platform, singing and dancing away, completely in the moment, lost in his music. The look on his face was one of pure joy. It made me so happy to see someone so joyful, so not caring what others might think.
I think we all need to give into that type of pure joy, pure abandonment, and not be so self conscious ... not be so worried that people might think we're a little nutz.

I have started to adhere to this. If I have my music going, my head and or my feet are going and I generally have a smile, or at least a grin, on my face. I really don't care too much what people think. I hope I can put a smile on someone's face but if I can't, c'est la vie.

I love my life and I try to share just a little of that with everyone I encounter. I hope that after encountering me, someone will still remember, months later, that we crossed paths.




 



2 comments:

  1. So true my friend!!! If we could just keep the "ego and fear" under control - we would be able to enjoy each and every moment that we have been gifted!!! Great to have you back.. I look forward to posts and the inspiration and reminders of life!! Hugs...HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo! Dance and glitter are 2 of my fave things :D
    I agree with you , we shouldn't care so much about what others think all the time.

    ReplyDelete