Thursday, December 2, 2010

Self Realization

I've been having a lot of "a-ha!" moments lately.

Do you ever get so caught up with trying to keep your head above water keeping up with all the commitments that you don't realize when you're slipping?



http://www.weheartit.com/



That happened at work recently. I was so busy trying to keep my head above water that I ended up almost drowning. A few things were brought to my attention, one of which was that I was making excuses. OMG! I've always been one to accept responsibility for my actions. It looks like I was slipping when it came to my reactions. So I really thought abought that, realized I was making excuses and decided to change that. So now, when I find I'm slipping, I take stock and correct my course of action.

This is also true regarding my workouts. I've been blaming the weather when in fact its actually the food choices I've been making, together with too much coffee. (I hate being an addict). I've really struggled the past 2 or 3 weeks with getting up EVERY day for my workout. So effective immediately, better choices, more water and green tea, less coffee and better attitude.

I'm trying to change some habits, hoping that this will help.  Speaking of habits, I must update my journal for tomorrow's workouts.

TTFN  .... LOL

2 comments:

  1. Ok young lady .. I'm holding you to our bikini shopping day (I have to still respond to email, but I recall .. we have bikini shoping day..) ... I have managed to stay off the coffee (I liked a little coffee with my sugar) .. it took a little getting use to .. but I have managed to replace my "morning coffee habit" with morning warm water, lemon , ginger, 1/2teaspoon raw honey habit.. and I tell you if I forget , by the end of the day feel sluggish. I will have a green based tea in afternoon and sometimes after dinner. Hang in there you will be fine!!!!xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Do you ever get so caught up with trying to keep your head above water keeping up with all the commitments that you don't realize when you're slipping?"

    All the time. I love A-Ha! moments...They make me realize I am human and not a bot.

    ReplyDelete