Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Communication

This isn't a long post ... just a reminder to speak up ... when things are bothering you, when you're happy, when you're sad, when you're feeling insecure, when you're frustrated or angry.

Some of us (myself included I'm afraid to admit) keep things bottled up inside for far too long and then it erupts and those who are left in our wake are left wondering "WTF"?

I know it's hard to speak up for a lot of us ... to assert ourselves ... to tell others what we like or don't like, what we need or don't need.  And women are notorious for keeping things to ourselves and then having it come out at the worse possible times.

Today was a really, really rough day.  I haven't felt myself all day.  I didn't sleep well ... I blew off my cardio workout, missed my green tea on the train, had a small muffin (not on my list), got into the chocolates (definitely not on my list) and then had mac and cheese for dinner.  Comfort food anyone?

Well, today is just about over for me ... I'm off to bed in an hour ... feeling much better ... because I communicated ... of course "somebody else" may not be ... the joys of relationships.

When I say I hate winter ... I do not exaggerate ... it is a brutal time of year ... as it is for many people.  I've been low on my vitamin D and we've had a lot of rain and snow and clouds ... but at least I'll be back in the garden in about 2 months (hopefully less) ... and it's supposed to be sunny on Saturday ... maybe I'll just drink my way through the winter LOL  ... on second thought ... I think I'll just work out :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had such an awful day. That sucks. I'm glad you blogged about it though, because journaling about it and discussing it with someone almost always helps. :)

    I agree with you on communication. This is a lesson I have tried teaching my mom for the past ten years. She takes things very personally and is very timid against bullies. She has quit jobs several times rather than stand up for herself or confront a mean-spirited coworker. It's frustrating. :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your way of thinking.

    I hope you have a great day today


    xx
    xlesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up .. know that you are not alone, we all have these days (sometimes it just feels like its happening more often than not...) As for drinking your way through it ... as long as its hot water, with squeezed lemon; grated ginger and a 1/2 tsp of honey ... its ok!!! June 30th .. keep thinking ...June 30th!!!

    Wishing you a fabulous day ..and hoping the weather gets bright and sunny for all of us!! Hugs..HHL

    ReplyDelete