Wednesday, July 15, 2009

better day today

Very funny LeeAnn. But I did have a good time.

Now it's down to business again. I started off the day a little better. A co-worker and I got into negative talk this morning and I shut it down. I don't need it or want it. Life's too short. And I've got way too much to do and too many things to be thankful for to waste my time on negative talk. It's just too easy to get caught up in it.

I did discover something though which I think is rather hilarious. Despite my renewed confidence, I appear to be having a little trouble making eye contact with a couple of people (guys of course ... women just don't quite have the same effect on me LOL) One in particular is causing me a lot of trouble. And I don't get it. I'm confident, making progress, I've known him for a couple of years but for some reason ...

Anyway, I also discovered this morning that my style has taken a left turn at Albaquerqe (forgive the spelling ... I know it's wrong ....) With the reborn confidence, has come a strong dislike of anything too long, too loose, too shapeless. A little over 3 years ago, I felt like such a fat cow, nothing fit, and I felt like crap. So about $1500 later, I had a new wardrobe from Addition Elle and I started feeling better about myself. But 3 years, I don't know how many pounds and a TON more confidence, I don't like the clothes that I still have from those days. The tops are all worn out since I wore them for about 3 years straight. But the skirts are all elasticized waists and too long. Anything below the knee these days is too long.... I feel like I've been reborn lately.

One of my co-workers has been doing really well, working out 3 times at week at lunch. She doesn't know how I do the 4:30 am thing; I don't know how she does the lunchtime thing. I couldn't. I sweat too much and hate that feeling.... Anyway, she was saying this morning she didn't feel like working out and I said go anyway. It's about habit and routine. I don't even think (at least not normally) about not doing my workouts in the morning. Nutrition is another story, but I'm getting better. She felt much better when she got back from her workout.

I figured out why I was so down yesterday ... but I'm much better today. Plus I did my circuit training which always helps.

I guess the moral of the story is to stick with it ... it helps a lot. Even when you don't feel like it, do it. Even when I was injured or fighting something, even if I couldn't do a full workout, I'd do a light cardio and yoga for 40 minutes. Just keeping up the habit makes all the difference.

Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment