Sunday, August 2, 2009

shakin' things up ...

So I started a new nutritional program today ... a little more detailed than the body for life program and eating 7 times per day for now ... that'll decrease as the weight comes down. Very simple ... 15 grams of protein, 20 grams of carbs and 6 grams of healthy fats with each meal. I like the simplicity of if. I'm definitely going to have to make some hard boiled eggs. 2 whole eggs or 4 egg whites are 1 portion of protein. That's a WHOLE lotta eggs. or egg whites ....

I changed up my workout routines as well. Cardio is more high intensity intervals ... LOVE IT! The circuit training is from the Bowflex manual. Do a set of weights, 1 minute cardio, set of weights, 1 minute cardio. I think it's 4 exercises and cardio minutes per circuit ... 12 reps each exercise. there's 2 circuits. 3 sets of each circuit. same principles as what I'm currently doing but modified enough that it should shake things up enough to surprise my body.

Feeling really good today. weather's been weird but I didn't really care for today. I'm glad it turned into a nice day though for everyone else. got my hair trimmed and reshaped and blown out. He really is an awesome stylist!

Today's Barry and my 17th date-aversarry. The stuff that's changed in those 17 years. Wow. So in celebration, rather than a glass of wine which I was originally going to have but Barry wasn't up to it. too many chips earlier ... I'm treating myself to a small piece of bumble crumble ... no preservatives or crap. We get it from our local produce supplier just east of the Ajax/Whitby border. Had nice t-bone steaks tonight. You know how little steak you get for 2 ounces????? But because I'm eating every 2 hours, I really don't mind REALLY small portions. Except for raspberries. I had a portion ... 1 1/2 cups. That's a LOT of blueberries!

Anyway, I've gotta run. But don't forget to shake up your nutrition every so often and your workouts every 4-6 weeks. It keeps the body guessing and keeps results happening.

Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Happy dateaversary!!!

    :>

    So you *have* to eat every 2 hrs? Like even if you aren't hungry? Wouldn't that make you feel icky or am I not grasping the purpose of eating tiny amounts that often?

    ReplyDelete