Wednesday, September 23, 2009

6 months later ...

I can't believe yesterday was my 6th month mark on my transformation. I've managed to only skip 1 workout on purpose, 1 workout because I was sick and 2 or 3 had to be modified because of injury. I don't remember ever being this consistent. And while my nutrition isn't quite where I want it to be, I also want to have a life and actually enjoy food. That's mostly what Saturdays are for.

Dropping 2 dress sizes in 6 months doesn't really sound like a lot but I'm willing to take a little longer if it means I'm going to keep the weight off. I'm developing a lifestyle, not just doing this to achieve a goal and then to hell with everything. And that's really what it's about. If you struggle with your weight like I do, you really need to change your attitude. I know I sure did. And it's helped out hugely.

There's a quote I came across that hit me upside the head and has been my motto. "To change one’s life: 1. start immediately; 2. do it flamboyantly; 3. no exceptions”. Pretty much sums up my philosophy.

And remember ... if I can do it ... so can you!

1 comment: