Monday, September 14, 2009

progress!

OK. So a lot of people are noticing the changes in me which is great. Unfortunately I haven't really been one of them. I mean, I know I've lost fat, firmed up muscles, definitely have WAY more energy then I have had in a long time, despite the ungodly hour I get up at.

Today was great. I started a new circuit workout and I was able to actually watch myself. I have 1 mirror in the gym and it's not very big and not in the greatest position for the Bowflex. It was actually meant for the bench. Anyway, I digress, as usual ... So I was doing hamstring extensions (think handle around foot, standing up facing machine and pushing leg back away from machine). OMG I noticed definition! I've had lots of muscle for a long time but it's been a while since I actually saw definition! That was cool. Then I was doing hammer curls on the Bowflex and noticed definition in my arms. I was a little stoked to say the least...

So my point to this is never give up. Just keep giving it your all (or at least as much as you can) and eventually you WILL see results. But I'll tell, for those who only have maybe 10 or 15 pounds ... nip it in the bud. Taking off 40 or 50 pounds is one MAJOR undertaking! And over 40 ... OMG! But it can be done ... as Bill says "Do it with Passion and pride!"

Thanks for all your encouragement along the way. It helps more than you'll ever know ....

No comments:

Post a Comment