Monday, September 21, 2009

stress is not a good thing ...

We all know it. We fight it every day. Stress. Bad thing to be subjected to. I was starting to feel a little overwhelmed today but I decided that nope! I'm not gonna let it get the better of me. Then my achilles tendon started to tight up and on the GO train home, my left hip seized. Man there are days when I'm actually feeling my age.

But I got up and worked out this morning despite the fact that all I wanted to do was stay in bed. Woke up with a massive headache which went away with a couple of Advil cold and sinus and blowing my nose really well. The price I pay for spending most of the weekend in the gardens at this time of year.

So I'm trying to manage my stress. For the most part, I'm ok. But there are days. There's lots of uncertainty at work (like we're the only ones) which makes it worse but I decided today when the anxiety and negativity started getting the better of me that whatever is to happen will happen and all the worrying in the world won't do me a damned bit of good and it certainly won't change things. I tried to tell my Mom that. and my Mum. and my girlfriend K. and other people. It's amazing how easy it is to tell somebody else what to do and how often do we just not listen to ourselves. So. Whatever happens, I will accept and deal with and move on one way or another.

Of course if it was up to my girl J. I'd be opening a B&B with her. Apparently she likes my cooking. And she LOVES to cook. And I love to host. And Barry's such an entertainer. And handyman. And J and I both love to garden. She can be in charge of growing the food and I'll be in charge of making the place look pretty.

Anyway, I'm getting silly and I must run. Great health, both physical and mental, to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment