Monday, October 19, 2009

bloggers

I've actually started checking out more blogs lately. Barry's got some interesting blogging friends and I stumbled across one of the blogs that Cindy follows and WOW! It's the first time I've been brought to tears reading someone's work. Maybe it's the mood I'm in. Maybe what he wrote just hit me right at this time. And he's only 28. Which kinda sounds a like condascending and I certainly don't mean it to be. I try to remember what I was like at 22 or 28 or even 35. I think my 45th birthday approaching is starting to have an effect on me. I mean, I sure don't feel it, and have been told I don't act or look it. Being child-free probably helps HUGE.

My hope is to someday have that kind of effect on someone. Whether it's the blog or in person, I don't care. I think we get so caught up sometimes in living and running and working and trying to do all the things we want to do that we forget to slow down, stop and smell and roses. (sorry, that sounds a little cliche but it's true).

Life is too short and people are too precious to take for granted. We all need to do our little bit to help ... to be a positive influence ... to help the environment ... to make someone else's life a little better.

A family member got word today that her mother-in-law in dying. Her husband made it out to be with his mom. I hope she gets there in time too. It's a long trip for her and I hope that she makes it. Reminds me of the call I got when my mom was slipping away. It doesn't matter how old, or how sick they are .. it still hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment