Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Self Fulfilling Prophesies

In today's "lesson for life" was about visualizing where you want to be, how you want to look, what you want to accomplish.

If we keep focussing on where we are, on the negative part of where we are, feeling fat, wanting a different partner, wanting a different job, then we'll never accomplish what we want.

I had an epiphany this morning during my workout.  I realized I had been so focussed, and basically wallowing, in the fact that I've had some setbacks.  And I realized that I really needed to focus on where I was going, where I was going to to be. 

So.  I got dressed for work (in a pair of pants I'm no longer allowed to wear 'cause they're just far too big), had my headphones on, listening to Tiesto's "You are my Diamond" .. one of my absolute FAVOURITE songs, bordered on dancing in GO train, kept the headphones on during my walk up to work, kept a bounce in my step and my head held high and a smiile on my face.

Sandy's got her sexy back :)

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous reminder!! I needed that. I have to look to the future not the setbacks. I think I need to get into Tiesto, I keep hearing about them! hehe. Glad to hear you got your groove back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OW OW Work that sexy! =) This is a fantastic reminder. I've had some setbacks of my own lately and letting it eat at me isn't helping one bit.
    I'm glad to hear you have a happy song! Mine is Weezer's Island in the Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new layout. It is so beautiful and makes me happy. :)

    I completely agree with you, Sandy. I am guilty of wallowing in the present, rather than focusing on the future and how much better things could (will) be for me. Looking forward brings us hope...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is a very inspiring reminder to keep focused on the path ahead. We may not like the place we are in - But,sometimes fear of failure keeps us from moving forward into the unknown. Visualizing is a powerful tool - we often forget to use.

    Love the new look of your blog - soothing and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it!!!!! I want to get the bounce back in my step... thanks for the reminder! I've been so stressed I forget how silly my problems really are.

    ReplyDelete