Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 1 of 84 ... It's time to get serious.

I keep a calendar in my home gym and every day I do a workout I put a diagonal line through the date.  If I eat healthy and follow my plan it gets another diagonal line and if I practice the "universal law of reciprocation" otherwise known as inspiring and lifting others up, I get a straight line through the date, all to make a "star".  There haven't been many stars this month.  It's been a very stressful several weeks and before that it was wedding stuff and OMG it just never stopped.

Things are starting to calm down and get straightened out and the gardening is almost done for the season.  The big renovation is next weekend (pray for dry weather for me, will ya?).  I really need to get this done. 

So I decided last night that it was time to get serious.  I don't want to go into 2011 in the same shape I'm in.  So I decided to weigh myself, take my measurements and have my pics taken.

So here I am in all my glory ....




Can you tell where my issue is?

My weight was 217
Bust - 46
Waist - 41
Tummy - 47
Hips - 43

These are almost EXACTLY the same measurements as I took in April.  I know I went up a bit because my tummy (largest part of my trunk) was 49 at one point a couple of months ago and I've come back down.  It's amazing how quickly it goes up but it comes back down almost as fast once I put my mind to it.

So ... having done all that and set my goals, the 12 weeks ends Dec 18 2010.
My goals for the next 12 weeks are:
  • Lose 10 pounds
  • Wear a size 12 (I'm going to say from Reitman's since that's where I get all my clothes right now and the size is consistent)
  • Lose 3" off tummy
  • reduce caffeine intake to espresso in the morning
  • be able to walk up 60 flights of stairs at home.  I'm starting with 5 flights today and will increase 1 flight per day.  Then I'll work on the amount of time it takes me to do that. 
So there you have it.  I am tired of not making the kind of progress I know I can make.  I'm actually kinda glad I've stabilized for a while.  I'm more determined now to achieve the above goals.  My nutrition is my biggest obstacle.  And keeping my stress down but that should get resolved this coming week.

Thanks for all your support.  I know I haven't been very consistent lately.  To make matters worse (or perhaps better), I finally joined the world of Facebook.  God help me.

Hope you're having an awesome day ... I'm off to do some weeding in the bank and cleaning up before the cold weather really hits.

TTFN!

5 comments:

  1. Setting goals is a good thing. I took my measurements the other day but I either didn't do it right this time or last time because it doesn't make sense.

    Going to post about it in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome post!!! Anyone wanting to achieve goals in weight loss, body reshaping etc. pictures and measurements of starting point is extremely helpful (I must remember to do this myself).

    I have been staying on track with the yoga, gym , reiki, flexology and ion detox. The eating healthy well not so much.. but meeting with nutritionist next week - hopefully this will help.

    My goal is to reduce 10 lbs by the end of the year!!

    I'm starting a weekly feature on Tuesday's title New You and i'll be sharing some of the things that have been working for me.

    OH My .. not Facebook..lol..


    Sandy.. P.S. I did receive your response emails .. I will look at dates and let you know ... I haven't forgotten ... Its just been one of those lesser good weeks.. But things are getting back on track..:) Hello to Barry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are stubborn enought I'm sure you will reach your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so brave! There's no way in hell I'm taking a picture in spandex and posting it online. Amazing! We're rooting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Setting a Goal is uber important to me. You inspire me Sandy!

    ReplyDelete