Friday, August 26, 2011

It's time for a change.

I'm not really sure what's happened to me this week.  It feels like I've reached a crossroads in my life. I feel like I've been stagnant for months.  I feel like I've been in overdrive since April.   I need to slow down, to take more time for me, to do the things for myself that make me happy.

Don't get me wrong, spending hours outside, in the fresh air and sunshine and nature all around makes me happy.  But it's been a huge amount of work this year.  We've probably been more social than any year past and I wouldn't trade it  ... but it's time consuming and, quite frankly, tiring when it's ever weekend for months on end.  I need some down time.

So I've made some decisions.  I'm changing my look.  I'm changing my discipline when it comes to nutrition and workouts.  I'm getting off the couch, away from the TV and on the computer and reading more often.  Although I have to admit, my TV time at night is my way of decompressing from a long, tiring, mentally taxing day.  I can shut my mind off.  I'm going to stop procrastinating and get back to making sure the house is organized and things don't get put off.  Like cutting up veggies so we have fresh veggies to eat.  Like painting my toenails (it took me 2 weeks to paint my nails ... every day saying I would do it and not) so I'm not ashamed for people to see my feet.   I'm changing the way I attack my job.  I've let fear and lack of self confidence cripple me for far too long. 

In short, it's time to get control of my life.  Of our finances.  Of my career.  Of my body and my health.  I am, however, keeping my most wonderful husband ... I couldn't do any of this without him.

So .... say goodbye to this look (profile pic) .... and be prepared to meet the "New Sandy" ... she will be revealed soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we have to do this periodically. Lately, I've been checking out youtube and finding "new" (old) music I have forgotten about. I have been searching out great songwriter songs, storytelling songs like Jim Croce,Harry Chapin, Cat Stevens, Springsteen of course and others. Something that is badly missing in today's "music". And maybe something missing in myself. It's all good though! Bravo for you, sweetie! Luv ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait!!! I think there is something in the air .. for many (including myself) are pulling up their socks (cool weather is almost here) and choosing to be adventurous and slowly make their way to another path on their journey... xo HHL

    ReplyDelete